I’m not sure if there’s something in the grass, or the air, but East Cheshire is home to some of the top ice cream shops in the country. Wherever you go in this part of the county you can’t help but find an incredible ice cream joint serving up something unique. Whether it’s a classic vanilla you’re after, a bold flavour like salted caramel, or even something uniquely wild like lemon ginger, East Cheshire ensures every craving is met and surpassed. But with so many options, where should you start? Fear not, we’ve got the scoop (pun intended)!
Let’s dive into the crème de la crème of ice cream spots in the region:
#1) The Real Fruit Creamery, Knutsford
- Address: Located in the heart of Knutsford not far from Tatton Park at 1 Malt Street, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6ES
- Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 11:00 – 17:30
- What’s Cool: Perhaps the venue with the largest selection of flavours! They’re also one of the only places that does a kids size but allows you to choose two flavours, this is great when you have young kids wanting to try multiple flavours, but you’re trying to limit how much sweet treats they eat’!
- What’s Not: The fact that they don’t have a shop where we live! 😂😂😂
#1) Dunham Massey Ice Cream Farm
- Address: Located just around the corner from the Dunham Massey estate! At 34 Station Rd, Dunham Massey, Altrincham WA14 5SG, UK.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday 12:00 – 17:00
- What’s Cool: Aside from all the amazing flavours of ice cream, perhaps unique amongst the others on this list, Dunham Massey Ice Cream Farm also offers hot food. On top of that, look out for the sunflower and wildflower trail in the Summer and their other seasonal events including a pumpkin patch!
- What’s Not: Nothing, it’s not a typo that we’ve written number one twice! Yep, we have a joint winner!
#3) Seven Sisters Ice Cream Farm
- Address: Seven Sisters Farm Ice Cream, Holmes Chapel Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 9ER
- Hours: Wednesday to Sunday 11:00 – 17:00 apart from Sunday when it closes at 16:00
- What’s Cool: They pride themselves on using their own, locally sourced milk. A big selection of flavours, however, I prefer the options from both Dunham Massey and The Real Creamery as they are more natural based upon fruit, whereas at Seven Sisters’, the flavours are less so with things like bubblegum!
- What’s Not: They specifically state that they aren’t allowed to do kid’s servings with two portions. That’s a big no-no from young kids who want to maximise their choice of flavours!
#4) Just Ice Poynton
- Address: 32 Park Ln, Poynton, Stockport SK12 1RE
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 10:00 – 17:00
- What’s Cool: An earth friendly ice cream, supporting trafficking survivors, serving only natural and fair-trade ingredients with a community hub focus located in the heart of Poynton. Once you’ve finished your ice cream, why not head over to Pott Shrigley for this circular canal walk.
- What’s Not: One of the least extensive selections of flavours in the list, but nevertheless, the ice creams are delicious!
#5) Great Budworth Ice Cream Farm
- Address: New Westage Farm, Great Budworth, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6ND
- Hours: Variable depending upon the time of the year – for up to date info, check their website
- What’s Cool: Has a nice little play area for the kids to run loose whilst you’re enjoying your ice cream. They also have a number of animals, both large and small
- Whats Not: Not the largest selection of flavours on the menu, but those they had were very tasty!
So Get In the Car and Head out to Some of East Cheshire’s Finest Parlours
Summer won’t last forever, but memories of indulgent ice cream moments can. Dive into a scoop of East Cheshire’s finest today. Don’t just hear about it, taste the magic for yourself and make every moment count!