Here at lets go manchester, we thrive on engaging debates and welcome our readers to actively participate in discussions on the site. We aim for a harmonious and inclusive community which is supported through this comment policy.
Want to Share a Link?
- Submitting a comment that contains a link will trigger an automatic moderation based on reason #7 below. It might take a bit before it shows up.
- Generally, links leading to articles or videos related to Manchester are approved once reviewed by our moderation team.
Keep Comments Concise
- Long paragraphs might deter newcomers. We have set a comment length limit.
- Overly lengthy comments face moderation. Aim for brevity, especially when listing teams or squads.
- Consider submitting extensive comments as article pitches. Reach out to us!
Fancy a Profile Image or Need to Secure Your Username?
- To add a picture next to your comment or to contribute articles, consider creating an account on our site.
- Signing up with an email linked to gravatar.com is beneficial.
- Your chosen username will be reserved if it’s associated with your email.
Ground Rules of the Comment Policy
We have established guidelines for ensuring healthy discussions on our platform:
- We champion constructive debates but won’t tolerate personal attacks, continuous provocations, or undue negativity. Engage as you would in person, focusing on ideas, not personal jabs.
- We might step in if a conversation spirals into a heated argument. If you have concerns about someone’s comment, email us. Flagging with “admin” in your comment will send it to our moderation queue.
- Maintain relevance. Stick to the topic. If your comment diverges significantly, it might be removed. Reach out if you’re keen to write about something not covered.
- Refrain from repetitive comments. Use the “reply” feature for organised discussions.
- Discriminatory remarks, hate speech, and excessive swearing are forbidden. Mind your language. Stay focused and leave political comments to other forums.
- Don’t post anything that might lead to legal complications. Avoid discussing private matters and never impersonate others.
- No promotions or overt advertising. Interested in partnering? Email us or reach out on any of our social platforms.
- Tone can be lost in text. Be mindful that humour or sarcasm may be misread.
- Let’s not nitpick on grammar or spelling. This isn’t an English class.
- Refrain from unnecessary negative comments about individuals.
- To sum it up: Stay respectful and kind.
Lastly… While we encourage user interaction, as part of this comment policy, we at lets go manchester hold the absolute right to remove or edit comments for any reason. Our goal is to maintain a constructive and welcoming environment for all participants.